Friday, March 21, 2008

Cliff Hanging

Image by Vladimir Fofanov

Some of you may have noticed the new image in my profile that has replaced my face. The photo was taken in China, and not by me, though I wish it had been me there. This is a country and culture that regularly fascinates me, though I know very little of it. I suppose it would be the romantic side of me coming through.
After using this picture I've seen it several times when I log in to blog and it has gotten me to thinking. I unintentionally used a photo that describes life as it is right now. I feel I've buried my roots in a somewhat precarious place and that the mists around me are doing a frighteningly wonderful job of hiding the details of what might be near by.
And yet, this is
not a bad place to be.
I don't mind that my roots are in this place because I know they are hooked into solid rock. And I don't mind that the rock so happens to be a cliff, I know Who put the cliff there. And as for the mist? Well, I wouldn't mind seeing just a bit more of what is close at hand, but then again if I knew what was really there I might panic at the sight and loose my roots a bit too far.
I like being on the edge of the next phase of life sometimes, less time to think and more of an adventure. Granted, there are some things I would like to have known before hand, but for now, I am content to cliff hang.

No comments: