Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oh my!


So puppy feaver has struck! Joe and I have been looking for some time for a small puppy to add to our home. Unfortunatly the breaders are hard to find out here and so many of them are for labs and chihuahuas. We love labs, but their energy and size are to great. chihuahuas...I don't want to step on the tiny thing! Plus we'd like a bit more inteligence. So we looked at Boston Bull Terriers. Very cute, sweet temperment and good size. But...$350 each?! Wow! So then we went to the local animal shelter. They have been full for some time and now must euthanize some of the older residence. We found many great dogs, but most too big for our appartment. But then there was one puppy that, oh my goodnes, really caught my attention. Clearly contains boxer (in her face and color) but her chest is narrow, her feet tiny and skinny like a terrior, and her ears are rounded and drooped like a beagle. She is only 1 month old and fits in my one hand. She instantly needed snuggles when I picked her up (I think the noise from the other residence was too scary for a pup that small without her mommy) and when I got her outside to walk her she was instantly ready to play. Unfortunatly too many people want her and so come Tuesday she will be raffeled off. I'm going to try it! If we are not ment to have her we won't win and I will take it as her Creator saying, she needs to be with a different family. Not entirely sure, but if we get her I think her name might be Mimi, which means wished for and spiritual passion.

No comments: