Monday, February 11, 2008

Inspired

Today has been a day for inspiration. My creative tendencies have been been so crazy that it seem as though no outlet is enough and so much of what I am seeing and hearing are all increasing my thoughts, ideas, and imagination. This photo did not help. When I found this on a Google image search for "heavenly" I instantly had a song writing itself in my mind and I wanted to cry. I still want to cry when I look at this and I do not even have all of the words of the song, let alone the melody. And then I start to think of all the natural phenomenon in this world and how everything points to The Creator.
When I look at this moon I think of how clear an image it is of how our creator wants us to be. It is not just an incredibly beautiful part of creation, it is an instruction that He so wants us to obey that he displays it all the time. The moon reflects the suns light, it has no light of its own. This reflected light shows down on the globe when it is dark. We are supposed to be reflecting the Creator's light in a world gone dark.
The clouds gather water till it is time to release it on the dry earth. We are supposed to soak in His Spirit and release it to the spiritually dry.
And have you ever thought about heat naturally rising and cold sinking? Our spiritual temperature should be rising and as it does it brings us naturally higher and closer to Him. The lower the temperature the further we sink from Him.
When you are thirsty your body is telling you that you are already dehydrated. You are supposed to drink water regularly whether you have a thirst or not to help maintain your health. It is not wrong to "drink" in more of our Creator when we are in a state of apparent need, but we would be much healthier if we made a regular habit of "drinking" Him in all the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...great post baby cakes!

Jen(n) said...

I love watching the sky... it often makes me think of our amazing creator... and think it is only a small taste of what we will see in Heaven!!!!!

Shadraq said...

Great post. The part in the middle reminded me of Jason Upton's song Dying Star. In it he says, "Dying Star, I hope you see - if the whole wide world is staring at you, they can't see Me..."

It makes me think (as does you post), how people should be seeing Him when they look at me, regardless of what I "accomplish". I am nothing without The Master.

Nor do I aspire to be anything apart from Him.

***Sidenote - are you advocating more "drinking"???

a woman who is said...

Beautiful post. I think to tag someone, all you need to do is post about it. If they don't stop by to pick it up and respond, you could leave them a message on their blog. Kinda silly but fun!